Kaelin G. Reed
In 2011, anticipating the birth of their first child, Kaelin and his wife, Amanda, also an attorney, decided to return to their rural, central Kentucky roots, and relocated to Amanda’s hometown of Lebanon. Upon his arrival, Kaelin joined the law firm of Mattingly & Nally-Martin, PLLC , widely considered to be the leading civil litigation firm in the region. Since moving to Lebanon, Kaelin has focused his efforts on providing exceptional, common-sense legal representation and counsel to his friends and neighbors. In addition to the Personal Injury cases that have become the hallmark of his practice, Kaelin also regularly assists his clients with Estate Planning and Probate matters , Real Estate transactions, Business Consultations, Social Security and Workers’ Compensation claims , and Medicaid/Medicare planning.
When he is not practicing law, Kaelin serves as an elected member of the Marion County Board of Education , and volunteers as a coach for the Marion County Youth Soccer Association and the Bradfordsville Youth Basketball League. Kaelin also regularly mentors high school students through programs sponsored by the Marion County Cooperative Extension Office and the Kentucky Bar Foundation . Kaelin has formerly served as an Assistant Marion County Attorney and was active in the Marion/Taylor County Drug Court Program.
Kaelin is married to the former Amanda Cook, and they have two children, Tanner and Kylie. Kaelin and his family are members of the Lebanon United Presbyterian Church, and actively support civic groups such as the Marion County Chamber of Commerce, the Marion County Public Library , and Centre Square.
AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
- Kentucky (2006)
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western
- Districts of Kentucky (2006)
- Ohio (2010)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit (2012)
Transylvania University (B.A. Political Science, 2003)
University of Kentucky (J.D., 2006)
Assistant Marion County Attorney, 2011 – 2014
Marion County Board of Education Member (2014 – Present)
Marion County Bar Association
Kentucky Bar Association
Bailey v. Bertram, S.W.3d , 2010 WL 3631710 (Ky. 2015)
- Davis v. Crafton, 2012 WL 6214310 (Ky.App. 2012);
- Edwards v. Target Corp., 2012 WL 1231773 (W.D.Ky 2012);
- Phillips v. Life Ins. Co. of North America, 2011 WL 4435670 (W.D.Ky. 2011);
- Andrew v. Turner, 2011 WL 3962582 (Ky.App. 2011);
- Abell v. Bardstown Medical Investors, Ltd., 2011 WL 2471210 (W.D.Ky. 2011);
- Justice v.Motorist Mut. Ins. Co., 2008 WL 4844722 (E.D.Ky. 2008);
- West v. Levee Lift, Inc., 2009 WL 2192746 (Ky.App. 2009).